What have the traffic planners done to our city?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Thank goodness the so-called traffic planners have finally wasted all the money they can get access to. Their attempts have created nothing but problems for Norwich motorists and cyclists alike.
The Postwick hub is ludicrous – how much more fuel is being burnt each day as people now have to go a great extra distance to get into Thorpe?
The Avenues is another debacle, there was and still is a perfectly good cycle lane out to UEA. The one that the traffic planners have added in their wisdom means that if I meet a car coming from UEA one of us has to drive into the new cycle lane in order to pass one another - not safe.
Colegate, Tombland, All Saints Green and Chapelfield are all further examples.
They have made Norwich a misery for motorists and cyclists alike. I would suggest that they should be made to pay for their mistakes as we long suffering taxpayers, motorists and cyclists have had enough.
You may also want to watch:
Mr T C Johnson, Snows Lane, Chedgrave.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 5 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 6 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 7 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 8 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 9 Man who took baby from Norfolk hospital to be sentenced
- 10 Woman arrested after city centre row