What have the traffic planners done to our city?
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Thank goodness the so-called traffic planners have finally wasted all the money they can get access to. Their attempts have created nothing but problems for Norwich motorists and cyclists alike.
The Postwick hub is ludicrous – how much more fuel is being burnt each day as people now have to go a great extra distance to get into Thorpe?
The Avenues is another debacle, there was and still is a perfectly good cycle lane out to UEA. The one that the traffic planners have added in their wisdom means that if I meet a car coming from UEA one of us has to drive into the new cycle lane in order to pass one another - not safe.
Colegate, Tombland, All Saints Green and Chapelfield are all further examples.
They have made Norwich a misery for motorists and cyclists alike. I would suggest that they should be made to pay for their mistakes as we long suffering taxpayers, motorists and cyclists have had enough.
You may also want to watch:
Mr T C Johnson, Snows Lane, Chedgrave.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 6 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home