Westlife and Madness announce Norfolk shows
Irish chart-toppers Westlife and 1980s ska survivors Madness have both confirmed major shows in Norfolk this summer.
Westlife are the latest headliners confirmed to appear at High Lodge in Thetford Forest. They will take to the woodland stage on July 15.
During their 12 years at the top of pop's hierarchy, Westlife have sold over 43 million records around the world. In the UK alone they have scored 10 multi-platinum albums and 14 number one hits, making them the top-selling group of the past decade.
This prolific chart domination is attributed to hits like Swear It Again, Flying Without Wings, What Makes A Man, Uptown Girl, Queen Of My Heart, World Of Our Own, Unbreakable, You Raise Me Up and The Rose.
Two years after an appearance at the Norfolk Showground, Madness are set to return to the county to perform an open-air concert at Blickling Hall on July 30.
You may also want to watch:
Complete with the original band members, comprising the ever-charismatic Suggs, Mike Barson, Lee Thompson, Chris Foreman, Daniel 'Woody' Woodgate, Mark Bedford and Chas Smash, the two-time Ivor Novello Award winning band secured their place in fame in the 1980s with huge hits such as Baggy Trousers, It Must Be Love and House of Fun.
Their most recent — 2009's The Liberty of Norton Folgate — was a serious return to form and debuted at number five in the UK Album Chart.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 4 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 5 Man found in city flat named at inquest
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea
- 8 Hungry and helpless: Rough sleepers' fears ahead of harsh winter
- 9 Villagers' outrage as trees and hedges axed in ongoing battle
- 10 Driver dies in crash on A47
The band will be supported at Blickling by special guest performers, with details to be announced.
t Westlife tickets cost �37.50 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am this Friday on 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
t Madness tickets cost �43 (subject to booking fee) are on sale now on 0871 224 1113 or at: www.ticketeast.co.uk