Westlife and Madness announce Norfolk shows
Irish chart-toppers Westlife and 1980s ska survivors Madness have both confirmed major shows in Norfolk this summer.
Westlife are the latest headliners confirmed to appear at High Lodge in Thetford Forest. They will take to the woodland stage on July 15.
During their 12 years at the top of pop's hierarchy, Westlife have sold over 43 million records around the world. In the UK alone they have scored 10 multi-platinum albums and 14 number one hits, making them the top-selling group of the past decade.
This prolific chart domination is attributed to hits like Swear It Again, Flying Without Wings, What Makes A Man, Uptown Girl, Queen Of My Heart, World Of Our Own, Unbreakable, You Raise Me Up and The Rose.
Two years after an appearance at the Norfolk Showground, Madness are set to return to the county to perform an open-air concert at Blickling Hall on July 30.
Complete with the original band members, comprising the ever-charismatic Suggs, Mike Barson, Lee Thompson, Chris Foreman, Daniel 'Woody' Woodgate, Mark Bedford and Chas Smash, the two-time Ivor Novello Award winning band secured their place in fame in the 1980s with huge hits such as Baggy Trousers, It Must Be Love and House of Fun.
Their most recent — 2009's The Liberty of Norton Folgate — was a serious return to form and debuted at number five in the UK Album Chart.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 4 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 5 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 8 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 9 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 10 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
The band will be supported at Blickling by special guest performers, with details to be announced.
t Westlife tickets cost �37.50 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am this Friday on 03000 680400 or at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
t Madness tickets cost �43 (subject to booking fee) are on sale now on 0871 224 1113 or at: www.ticketeast.co.uk