West End stars to line up with Hellesdon High School talent for concert
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of students from Hellesdon High School are gearing up for the opportunity of a lifetime when they get to spend four days training and performing with stars from the West End.
For the first time, as part of the school's activities week, students with a passion for musical theatre have been given the chance to work with stars from shows such as Les Miserables, Hairspray and Phantom of the Opera.
And not only will they work with them, but they will also perform alongside them during a special concert.
Creative director of West End Experience, Craig Whiteley, said: 'We come to Norfolk a lot for school holiday workshops and we're always blown away by the talent that the county has to offer.
'A few of the students from the school, and even a teacher, have worked with us before and we know the school is bursting with talent.
'[It] will make for a truly incredible week that the students will never forget.'
After four days of intensive training, learning the same choreography, musical numbers and sketches that are being performed on the countries biggest stages, the students will be ready to star in the one night only grand finale concert alongside the professionals - Richard Munday, of Phantom of the Opera and Blood Brothers, and Laurie Scarth, of Hairspray, Sister Act and High School Musical.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 3 Roads chaos continues with more work lined up at busy junction
- 4 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 5 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 6 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 7 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 8 Meet the mystery city woman behind the Queen's post box topper
- 9 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 10 Customised coat used by family of shoplifters in city spree
The students will also get the opportunity to work alongside Jonathon Dudley who appeared in the Oscar winning Les Miserables movie.
• Tickets for the concert, which is open to the public at 7.30pm on July 19 at Hellesdon High School are available online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/108973 for £5.
• For more information on West End Experience courses email firstname.lastname@example.org.