West End stars to line up with Hellesdon High School talent for concert
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of students from Hellesdon High School are gearing up for the opportunity of a lifetime when they get to spend four days training and performing with stars from the West End.
For the first time, as part of the school's activities week, students with a passion for musical theatre have been given the chance to work with stars from shows such as Les Miserables, Hairspray and Phantom of the Opera.
And not only will they work with them, but they will also perform alongside them during a special concert.
Creative director of West End Experience, Craig Whiteley, said: 'We come to Norfolk a lot for school holiday workshops and we're always blown away by the talent that the county has to offer.
'A few of the students from the school, and even a teacher, have worked with us before and we know the school is bursting with talent.
You may also want to watch:
'[It] will make for a truly incredible week that the students will never forget.'
After four days of intensive training, learning the same choreography, musical numbers and sketches that are being performed on the countries biggest stages, the students will be ready to star in the one night only grand finale concert alongside the professionals - Richard Munday, of Phantom of the Opera and Blood Brothers, and Laurie Scarth, of Hairspray, Sister Act and High School Musical.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
The students will also get the opportunity to work alongside Jonathon Dudley who appeared in the Oscar winning Les Miserables movie.
• Tickets for the concert, which is open to the public at 7.30pm on July 19 at Hellesdon High School are available online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/108973 for £5.
• For more information on West End Experience courses email firstname.lastname@example.org.