West End star heads to Norwich to appear at cabaret night
- Credit: Prominent PR
Cabaret compere and performer Chastity Belt will swap sharing the West End stage with Amanda Holden for heading the line-up of Mister Jack's Raspberry Cannoli Cabaret, which is also being staged on London's Southbank.
Fresh from sharing the stage with Britain's Got Talent judge Amanda Holden in the London West End show Stepping Out, cabaret star Chastity Belt is heading to Norwich.
The sought-after chanteuse, compére and cabaret performer has been confirmed as the host of Mister Jack's Raspberry Cannoli Cabaret at the Open venue on May 5.
She will appear alongside other confirmed acts including Ray Gelato and the Giants and the UK's most famous burlesque group, the Folly Mixtures.
She said: 'I'm thrilled to be part of the Raspberry Cannoli Cabaret and working with Mister Jack. He has brought together some of best from the bright lights of the capital to create a stellar line-up. This will be my debut performing in this glorious city and I can't wait to host what's set to be a spectacular show.'
You may also want to watch:
The Norwich show will see Open transformed into the venue of a 1960s Italian-American inspired old style night club, where ladies dazzle and wise guys meet.
Ray Gelato is a British jazz, swing and jump blues saxophonist, singer and bandleader whose acclaimed band The Giants have long been a favourite at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London, holding down a 14 year residency over the Christmas period. Burlesque dance troupe The Folly Mixtures have been entertaining audiences worldwide for the past five years
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
A spokesperson for East Anglia promoters Mister Jack, whose events last year included three sold out cabaret events at Trinity Park in Ipswich, said: 'It's a pleasure to be working with Chasity Belt for the first time. Securing acts like this proves that you don't have to travel to the capital for high-quality cabaret. The audience can expect an evening of pure spectacle.'
The quality of the line-up has also seen the show snapped up to be included in the 10th Underbelly Festival at London's Southbank showcase in September. The event is jam-packed with explosive live entertainment including circus, comedy, cabaret and family entertainment.
The Mister Jack spokesman added: 'This is a huge coup for us. Underbelly Festival Southbank is one of the biggest multi-art events in London and is immensely well-respected so to have been picked to feature in the show is very special indeed.
'Luckily the people of East Anglia will have an opportunity to see the show before anyone else. For one night only we will be on stage in Norwich offering audiences a true spectacle.'
• The Raspberry Cannoli Cabaret is at Open, Norwich, on May 5. For more information visit MisterJackLtd.eventbrite.com