Welles are set to support Highly Suspect at The Waterfront in Norwich
- Credit: Courtesy of Carry On Press
Recently formed group Welles, founded by 23-year-old Nashville singer Jesse Welles, will be playing in Norwich on January 30 as the support act on Highly Suspect's tour.
Having already supported Royal Blood across the US, Welles are set to embark on a European tour, starting off in Norwich at The Waterfront on January 30, supporting Highly Suspect.
Following the debut EP 'Codeine', Welles have announded their debut album 'Red Trees and White Trashes' which is due for release on June 15.
The first taste of the upcoming album is lead single 'Seventeen' which was produced by Grammy award winning producer Dave Cobb and combines classic pop writing, rock riffs and psychedelia, encapsulating the energy and vast range of influences found throughout the album.
The bulk of 'Red Trees and White Trashes', was written whilst Jesse was living in a communal art compound in the college town of Fayetteville, Arkansas. Friends of varying artistic disciplines all shared an apartment building they dubbed 'Space Mountain.'
'Some of us worked on bicycles, some of us were doing painting and art,' he explains. 'It was our own little Andy Warhol experiment. It was crazy.'
Tickets for the Norwich show are available from the UEA Box Office for £16.50 advance.
UK support dates:
January 30 - The Waterfront in Norwich
- 1 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 2 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 7 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
January 31 - Motion in Bristol
February 2 - O2 Institute in Birmingham
February 3 - The Garage in Glasgow
February 5 - Leadmill in Sheffield
February 6 - O2 Academy 2 in Manchester
February 8 - The Forum in London