Temperatures set to hit 15C after big freeze
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Freezing temperatures, icy roads and snow could be soon forgotten with temperatures expected to soar.
After a period where the temperature gauge barely got above freezing, forecasters are predicting much warmer air over the next week as a sign that spring is very much on its way.
The difference in the space of a week could be as dramatic as 20C, with a very mild 15C predicted for Norwich by next weekend.
According to BBC meteorologists, a weather front from the south will bring rain and winds at the beginning of the week, and with it some milder air than we have seen in recent weeks.
Temperatures across Norfolk are expected to be around 11C in some places on Monday, and are expected to remain at a similar level for much of the week.
The rain is expected to clear by the end of the week, leading to a warmer and sunnier weekend than we have had in a long while.
After overnight temperatures of -6C in some areas over the last few days, it should be much warmer through the night from Tuesday as it is expected to be around 10°C higher.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 8 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 9 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure