Temperatures to rise again this weekend with highs of 31C in Norfolk
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
The cooler temperatures of the past few days have been a welcome relief following the extreme heat earlier this week.
Temperatures have dropped to the low 20s since but mercury levels are forecast to rise once again this weekend.
Norwich-based Weatherquest meteorologist Chris Bell said: "This weekend will see the return of warmer temperatures although not as extreme as the highs we experienced earlier this week.
"Saturday should be a pleasant day with sunny spells and patchy cloud with highs of 26C.
"Sunday will see the peak of temperatures this weekend with highs of 31C.
"However, there will be a strong breeze throughout the day so it will feel cooler than you may expect.
"Clouds will develop Sunday evening and overnight there will be a weak cold front bringing patchy rain.
- 1 New camera installed to catch drivers at speeding hotspot in Norwich
- 2 7 closed restaurants in Norwich which are missed the most
- 3 Off the scales! Huge goldfish invade city pond
- 4 Man arrested in connection with city car theft
- 5 Calls for crackdown on kerb crawlers and drug taking in red light district
- 6 Tributes paid to hospital porter and Carrow Road Snake Pit regular
- 7 'We've won the battle but not yet the war': Elation over Deer Park status
- 8 Rampaging dogs kill beloved family cat
- 9 5 places to find lunch for £5 and under in Norwich
- 10 Bin lorry catches fire outside Norwich City Hall
"Into next week temperatures will drop into the low to mid-20s."
Conditions are set to remain drier than normal for this time of year with no significant rainfall expected for the rest of the month.