Norfolk basks in glorious spring sunshine as temperatures swelter near 20c
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Parks and beaches in Norfolk were heaving on Tuesday as the spring skies brought people flocking out to soak up the sun.
It was one of the hottest days of the year so far with temperatures reaching near 20c.
And the great weather looks set to continue into tomorrow and later in the week, with Norfolk expected to enjoy warmer days than Ibiza.
Paris O'Keefe and Tamsin Oliver had travelled from Ely in Cambridgeshire to Hunstanton beach with Mrs Oliver's two children.
"It's just a spontaneous trip to the beach, it's so nice today," said Mrs Oliver, 27.
Elsewhere on the beach, Dan Cameron and his 89-year-old grandfather Reg Nessling were enjoying the sunshine up near the Prom.
"It's such a lovely day, " said Mr Cameron, 37, adding: "So instead of being stuck in the house all day, we thought we'd come and get some sun."
In Norwich, many groups of people visited Chapelfield Gardens and other parts of the city for a chance to soak up some rays.
- 1 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 2 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 5 11 reasons why Norwich is the best city
- 6 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 7 Watch: A handful of protesters gather as City thumped on last day of season
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
While many places saw highs of 19c, in Weybourne in north Norfolk it was a chiller day with highs of 10.1c due to a cool onshore easterly wind.