Stunning photos show Norfolk's beauty as 2020 ends with one of coldest days of year
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Residents across Norfolk woke up to sub-zero temperatures on New Year's Eve, marking a frosty end to 2020.
Most across the county felt the chill at -1℃, while those living in Marham woke up to temperatures of -5.8℃ at 6am.
The ice-cold conditions across Norfolk set the scene for some stunning shots, including frozen bodies of water at New Buckenham and a cloud of mist hanging above Norwich.
Weatherquest meteorologist Dan Holley said it was the coldest night in the region since February, and the coldest December night since 2017.
According to the Met Office, Friday is set to be similarly chilly – there will be highs of 4℃, but it is expected to feel more like -1℃ or -2℃ in the morning.
You may also want to watch:
The weekend could be a touch warmer with temperatures not expected to drop below freezing, but it remains unlikely to get above 5℃ in what is predicted to be a cold start to 2021.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 3 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 4 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 5 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 6 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing