Yellow weather warning issued for storms this Saturday
- Credit: Danielle Booden
England fans planning on watching the nation's clash with Ukraine are likely to get wet with thunderstorms expected for the county on Saturday.
A spokesman from Norwich-based Weatherquest said thunderstorms are likely in western and central parts of Norfolk from mid-afternoon into the evening.
This is moving up from the south with the possibility of downpours during the England versus Ukraine quarter-final of the European Championship, which kicks off at 8pm.
The spokesman added: "It is coming in from two areas with one line of rain and showers through the morning with a possible thunderstorm from 6am to 9am. There is a possible thunderstorm there but it is more likely through the afternoon.
"As the skies brighten up and and the temperature picks up we are looking at a thunderstorm in the afternoon for western parts of Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire."
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms and heavy rain on Saturday.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 3 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 4 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 5 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 9 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 10 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named