Norfolk and Suffolk set for mini heatwave with 28C temperatures
- Credit: Brittany Woodman
Norfolk and Suffolk are set for a "mini heatwave" as temperatures are expected to soar.
Weatherquest, based at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, has predicted parts of Norfolk will reach 28C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A spookesman said: "Temperatures in the county are expected to reach 27C on Monday and 28C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
"The warmest places are likely to be away from the immediate coast, with the south west of the county most favoured to reach these highs such as Thetford."
The weather changes are being brought about by increasing high pressure and a southerly wind.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as welcome news to sun lovers after days of cloud and disappointing temperatures.
The forceaster confirmed: “Early next week high pressure will be in control and the winds will start to turn more southerly as well and from Monday we will see more in the way of sunshine for the most part.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 3 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 4 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 5 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 8 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 9 'If you have a passion, run with it': Nursery boss opens third site
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
“This will be one of the warmest spells of weather we have had in a while."