Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- Credit: Sophie Kendall
Parts of Norfolk and Waveney have today been turned into a winter wonderland.
The first snow of 2021 has fallen across the region given most places at least a light dusting of the white stuff or in some areas a more substantial covering.
Mid and West Norfolk have seen the most with areas around King's Lynn seeing sustained snow falls and it has been particularly bad around the Fakenham area.
A number of main roads were reported to be impassable with drivers warned to be extra careful.
Many families woke up on Saturday morning to see their gardens, drives and neighbourhoods given a covering of snow.
And while people can't meet up with friends or travel to enjoy it, plenty have made the most of the weather from their gardens or streets.
Plenty shared pictures of the white landscape outside their homes - some expressing surprise, despite forecasts, and others delighted to see it.
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 4 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 5 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 6 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs
- 7 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 8 Wetherspoon to reopen beer gardens and patios
- 9 Owner of Norwich crazy golf course retires leaving 'wonderful legacy'
- 10 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub