Parts of Norfolk could be warmer than Ibiza this week with highs of 19C
- Credit: Ella Wilkinson
Norfolk is expected to be warmer than Ibiza this week with temperatures set to reach 19C.
According to forecasters, the county could see highs of 15C today (March 21), before soaring to around 18C in most parts of Norfolk tomorrow.
By Wednesday, temperatures could even reach 19C in some parts of west Norfolk.
In contrast, the Spanish island of Ibiza will only see highs of 16C, with rain predicted for most of the week.
Dan Holley from Weatherquest said: "Despite a cold start this morning we're going to see a much warmer week.
"It's going to be a dry and sunny week, with just a light bit of wind in comparison to the high winds we've seen recently which have made it feel a bit colder than it is.
"These temperatures are well above the average for this time of the year, which is about 12C."
- 1 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 2 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 5 11 reasons why Norwich is the best city
- 6 Watch: A handful of protesters gather as City thumped on last day of season
- 7 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
Despite warmer temperatures in most parts of the county, Mr Holley warned that some coastal areas will remain cooler at around 12C.
He said the warmest coastal area would be Hunstanton with temperatures likely to reach 17C.