Met Office issues warning for strong winds and heavy rain in Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A weather warning has been issued by the Met Office for parts of Norfolk.
It is in place from 1pm on Saturday for Norwich and eastern parts of the county.
Strong winds and heavy rain are expected until 10pm and are likely to cause travel disruption.
Spray and flooding on roads may also cause delays and gale force winds have been forecast for coastal areas.
A forecaster for Norwich-based Weatherquest said: "Saturday will start mainly dry in the morning but spells of rain will develop as the day goes on.
"The downpours will get heavier into the afternoon and much of Norfolk will be covered in rain.
"Winds will build, reaching gusts of up to 50mph by tea time.
- 1 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Demolition of former Tesco begins as historic business returns to city
- 3 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Call for tougher action on 'inconsiderate' pavement parkers
- 6 'It was inevitable': Neighbours' horror as crews tackle heath blaze
- 7 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 8 Police hunt wanted man in Norwich
- 9 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 10 Missing 73-year-old from Norwich found safe and well
"Gales could be severe along the coast.
"Things will improve into Saturday evening as the band of rain moves north. Wind speed will also ease and Saturday night should be dry."
Sunday is set to be drier with sunny spells in the morning but there could be blustery showers in the afternoon.