Weather warning as strong winds set to hit Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Met Office
A weather warning is in place as severe winds are set to hit Norfolk this weekend.
The Met Office forecasts "very windy weather across much of the UK during Saturday", starting at midnight until 6pm in the evening.
There is a chance that the winds could cause traffic delays, power cuts and damage to buildings.
On its website, the Met Office states: “The location and strength of the very strongest winds remains uncertain.
"However, gusts seem likely to reach 50 to 60 mph widely, with 70 to 80 mph possible in coastal locations, particularly in parts of Scotland and north-east England.”
Its yellow weather warning covers large parts of Norfolk.
- 1 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 2 City centre steak restaurant to DOUBLE in size thanks to move
- 3 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 4 Arena plans expected to bring windfall to city
- 5 Ultra modern city home with underground shelter for sale for £550,000
- 6 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 7 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Dad says 16,000 lights display is 'worth it' despite it costing thousands
- 10 'Never too old': Barber who joined industry at 29 named best in region