Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk today?
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Temperatures are expected to soar across Norfolk today - but where will it be the hottest?
Weather experts have forecasted temperatures of above 30C for most of the county today (June 17).
And a level 3 heat-health alert has been issued for the region with people being urged to check on those who are most vulnerable.
Loddon will be the warmest place in the county today with temperatures reaching 32C at 4pm, according to the Met Office.
Much of the county is forecast for similar levels of heat with Norwich, Dereham, Diss, King's Lynn, and Thetford reaching 31C.
Temperatures may be cooler towards the coast with Great Yarmouth expected to see highs of 26C.
But some parts of the coast will still see higher temperatures, with the thermometer reaching 30C in Blakeney and 31C in Cromer.
These highs are all forecast for the afternoon, between 2pm and 5pm.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 3 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 4 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 5 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 6 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 7 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 8 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 9 Neighbours' fears after cannabis farm raided in city
- 10 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
The UV index, which identifies the strength of ultraviolet radiation, is also high today according to the Met Office.
Norfolk is at a seven on the index at midday which is considered a high level.
The NHS advises that people stay out of the sun between 11am and 3pm, keep hydrated, use sunscreen, and wear loose-fitting clothes.