More rain forecast for Norwich this evening after heavy downpours
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Norwich is set to see more rain this evening following a morning of heavy downpours.
People woke up to a very wet and rainy morning with police warning motorists to "drive to the conditions".
The Met Office is forecasting sunny spells in the city until 2pm with rain set to return from 5pm until 9pm.
Temperatures will reach highs of 14C and wind speeds will hit 15mph.
On Wednesday the unsettled weather is set to continue before warmer conditions return on Thursday.
It comes after the Norfolk & Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team confirmed at 7.58am that there had been five weather related incidents since 7am.
The team tweeted: "Drive to the conditions not the speed limit.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
"Lots of standing water in places. Be careful out there people."