IN PICTURES: River Wensum water level 'still rising' at Hellesdon
- Credit: Norwich Weather Livestreams
Residents and drivers have been warned to be vigilant in the Hellesdon area of Norwich with water levels still rising on the River Wensum.
Photos taken today (Sunday, December 27) show how high the river is after heavy rain over the Christmas period.
Some footpaths are completely covered by water, while the river water is getting closer to the Hellesdon Mill Lane.
James Christopher Long, who has run the Norwich Weather Livestreams channels on social media for five years, said he had never seen the water levels so high in the area.
He said: "I went down there [on Saturday] night at 10pm until midnight and it has gone up another four inches since then. It will take a while for all the water from upstream to get down to Hellesdon.
You may also want to watch:
"We still have possible snow showers and there will be a lot of ice on the roads over the next few days. Gritters can't get everywhere so it's important for drivers to be on their guard."
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 3 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 6 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 7 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter