City set to swelter in heatwave-level temperatures
- Credit: Antony Kelly
It's expected to be a hot weekend in the city with temperatures expected to get much higher than previously thought.
Lots of sunny weather is on the way for Norwich and the rest of Norfolk, with very little chance of rain over the next week according to the Met Office.
Temperatures are already creeping up in the city and are expected to be around 23C by the end of the week.
It will get much warmer than that at the weekend though – 27C heat is expected in Norwich on Sunday, with the possibility for even higher temperatures elsewhere in the county.
It's not likely to be labelled an official heatwave, though, as it should drop a couple of degrees the following day to a slightly cooler 24C.
You may also want to watch:
For an official heatwave to be declared in Norfolk, temperatures need to equal or exceed 27C for at least three consecutive days.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'