Flood warning issued for riverside areas along River Yare
- Credit: Archant
A flood warning has been issued for properties along the River Yare.
Riverside areas including Cantley, Brundall and Reedham have been warned that flooding could affect homes and businesses.
The risk of flooding remains over the next few hours and into the evening, and could also last over the next few days.
High tidal water moving up rivers from Great Yarmouth is restricting normal drainage out to sea at low tide.
The entire Broads river system could be impacted but areas most at risk include Ferry Road in Reedham, the A47 and the railway line between Reedham and Brundall.
The Environment Agency has advised people to take action to protect your property if in these areas.
It is not thought the situation will escalate but it is being monitored closely.
For more updates visit here.
- 1 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
- 2 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 3 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 4 A look back at shoppers in Norwich over the decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 7 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 10 Application submitted for two new homes in front garden