We are in a state of war and ‘additional new laws are now urgently needed’
- Credit: PA
Our country today now finds itself under attack from some of its own citizens for their religious and political beliefs, aligning themselves with people from outside our borders to carry out acts of war against us here and in other countries.
I think we have now reached the stage that when these people return home and stand trial and are found guilty of any terrorist related crime, we must find alternative forms of punishment as a deterrent.
We are now at war with these groups of people.
Each citizen of this country is expected to live by a set of laws with punishments in place if you break them, but additional new laws are now urgently needed.
When our own citizens or people who have been given the right to reside here are found guilty of an act of terrorism here or abroad and their sentence has been completed, they should be stripped of their citizenship and passport and immediately deported to a country of their own choice or any country that will have them.
You may also want to watch:
Any person living here has the freedom to leave this country and move somewhere else if they are not happy living here under our laws.
If they want to change our way of life they have the right to peacefully try and change it, but not by the means of any acts of terrorism.
- 1 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 ‘Burglars will think twice’ - Police hand out security kits to 4,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 6 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 7 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 'Too big for Royal Arcade' - boss on why Langleys has split up
- 10 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000