Motorcyclist in hospital after Norwich crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a crash closed a road on the outskirts of Norwich on Wednesday morning.
Emergency services were called to reports of a collision between a motorbike and a car at 9.12am at the junction at Waterworks Road and Dereham Road in Heigham Grove.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "Ambulance were on scene and the motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries."
An East Anglian Ambulance spokesperson said: "We sent an ambulance, ambulance officer and car from the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the Dereham Road junction after receiving reports of a collision shortly before 9.10am today.
"Crews treated a male patient at the scene before transporting him to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for further assessment and care."
You may also want to watch:
The incident led to a heavy tailback of traffic throughout the morning, as emergency services attended to the man.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed