Motorcyclist in hospital after Norwich crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a crash closed a road on the outskirts of Norwich on Wednesday morning.
Emergency services were called to reports of a collision between a motorbike and a car at 9.12am at the junction at Waterworks Road and Dereham Road in Heigham Grove.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: "Ambulance were on scene and the motorcyclist was taken to hospital with serious injuries."
An East Anglian Ambulance spokesperson said: "We sent an ambulance, ambulance officer and car from the East Anglian Air Ambulance to the Dereham Road junction after receiving reports of a collision shortly before 9.10am today.
"Crews treated a male patient at the scene before transporting him to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for further assessment and care."
The incident led to a heavy tailback of traffic throughout the morning, as emergency services attended to the man.
- 1 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 5 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 6 Struggles to move out of Norfolk continue after school attack
- 7 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 8 Community on high alert after cars targeted in city suburbs
- 9 Traffic and infrastructure fears as major housing project starts
- 10 Man sentenced for two robberies in two days