Water leak ‘gushing’ down busy Norwich road
- Credit: Archant
A man has complained of 'gushing' water running down a busy Norwich road which he claimed has been going on for more than a week.
A steady stream of water has spread across the pavement in Thorpe Road, near Lower Clarence Road, and is running downhill into a drain outside the railway station around 100m away.
A bright orange cone has been placed over an ajar drain cover on the pavement where the water is leaking from.
Speaking on Saturday, David Bunting said he reported a "small leak" to Anglian Water more than a week ago. But he said the leaking continued and worsened, adding: "Today [Saturday] it is gushing up through the meter cover and running down towards the river. So much for 'Anglian Water takes leaks seriously'."
On the Anglian Water website, a report states staff visited the location on Wednesday, July 31 but were "unable to see a leak".
You may also want to watch:
Another report on Saturday (August 3) at 8.50am states a customer contacted the water company about a leak at the same location.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 8 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale