Watch video of our man taking on three-kilo Norwich burger challenge
It's a challenge guaranteed to quadruple your weekly calorie intake and leave your cholesterol levels rocketing – but the winner will take home �200 in cash and have bragging rights across the city's pubs for years to come.
Sudeep De, the enterprising new boss at Over De Flames pub and restaurant in Norwich city centre, is offering punters the chance to win the money by eating a burger weighing three kilos with a 30cm diameter in two hours – but if you fail you have to pay �30 for the burger.
Mr De said he drew inspiration for the idea from the American food reality TV show Man Vs Food, where the presenter takes part in various eating challenges.
And Mr De said that the 'challenge burger' was just the first of a series of tests he aimed to set customers in the coming months.
He said: 'After this I'm going to have other challenges including the chance to eat five 18-inch hot dogs, priced �9.99 each, for free in just one hour, and a very hot curry that you get a free beer with, if you can cope with it.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr De only took over the pub in September, but said it had already built up a loyal clientele in the city, even though it is located opposite the popular Bell Hotel in Farmers' Avenue.
'We have been open one month and 10 days and I would like to thank everyone in Norwich for help and support in making it a great success,' he added.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 9 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
He is also hosting a charity 'Bollywood night' event from 6.30pm on Saturday in aid of the Mind mental health charity.
As reported, Mr De opened the pub after it had been closed for about a year, since failing to take off in its former incar-nation as the Blind Pig pub.
The new restaurant has an international cuisine restaurant with an American, Asian, British and European menu. The restaurant is based upstairs while the downstairs section of the building operates as a pub.
As the Evening News reported last year, the Blind Pig, which took its name from 1920s and 30s America, shut with a notice on the door demanding that all personal effects be removed within 14 days.
When it opened it was described as a new concept and bosses were confident it would be a success before it became another victim of the recession.
The Evening News has been urging people to support their local pubs to help save them from closure.
To see previous stories from the campaign log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.
Do you have a story for our campaign? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com.