Walkers urged to sign up for charity trek
Victoria LeggettWalkers have only a few days to sign up for a charity walk next weekend.Victoria Leggett
Walkers have only a few days to sign up for a charity walk next weekend.
The annual sponsored Bure Valley Railway Walk takes place on April 17 and 18 in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
It sees walkers trekking along a choice of a nine, six or three mile routes from Wroxham to Aylsham.
Helen Chapman, fundraising manager for Macmillan, said: 'There may only be a few days left before this year's event but there's still plenty of time to register by calling the fundraising office on 01603 724369.
You may also want to watch:
'If you feel like taking a stroll at the weekend, why not make every step count by taking and take part to raise money for people living with cancer?'
Each walk starts with a trip on the Bure Valley narrow gauge steam train and each participant receives a certificate once they have completed the trek.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 6 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 7 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 8 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 9 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 10 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
Booking is advisable to guarantee a seat on a train, but Macmillan said it would try to accommodate any walkers who turned up on the day.
For more information visit www.macmillan.org.uk.