Why can't you find any crisps in Norwich at the moment?
- Credit: Jess Coppins
Those heading out for lunch over the past few days might have noticed some snack shelves gathering dust.
And that's because after an IT update at crisp giant Walkers the company has faced some supply issues.
A spokeswoman for Walkers said: “A recent IT system upgrade has disrupted the supply of some of our products.
"Our sites are still making crisps and snacks but at a reduced scale. We’re doing everything we can to increase production and get people’s favourites back on shelves. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience caused.”
The spokeswoman added that the problems may persist for another couple of weeks.
She also said that the production of fan favourites are being prioritised.
This means that the likes of cheese and onion, ready salted and salt and vinegar crisps will be back first.
- 1 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 2 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 3 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 4 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 5 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 6 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 7 First look inside five-acre bug zoo - and you can take a creepy crawly home
- 8 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 9 Which parts of Norwich could be underwater by 2030?
- 10 Road cleared following crash near KFC in Mile Cross
They will be joined by the likes of Quavers and Wotsits.