Volunteers to be honoured at Norwich Cathedral service
Sarah HallVolunteers and the invaluable contribution they make to the county's life will be celebrated at a special service at Norwich Cathedral, organised by the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk.Sarah Hall
Volunteers and the invaluable contribution they make to the county's life will be celebrated at a special service at Norwich Cathedral, organised by the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk.
The Lord-Lieutenant of Norfolk, Richard Jewson, JP, is keen to ensure every volunteer and voluntary group in the county is included in the Lord-Lieutenant's Celebration of Voluntary Service at Norwich Cathedral.
This year's event starts at 3pm on Sunday, June 6 and is being held at the cathedral by kind permission of the Dean and Chapter. The service was last held in 2007 and was attended by dozens of volunteers.
The Salvation Army band and the Cathedral Consort will be part of the celebrations, and light refreshments will be served in the Cloisters following the service.
If you are a volunteer or part of a voluntary organisation and have not received an invitation to the celebrations at the cathedral, contact Sharon Stone in the Lieutenancy Office on 01603 222949 or email email@example.com
This is not a ticketed event, however organisers are asking people to contact them if they wish to attend for catering purposes. Organisers also warned there is limited parking for disabled badge holders only in Cathedral Close.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 4 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 5 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 6 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 7 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 8 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 9 Holidaymakers' fury after two-day flight delay
- 10 Homeless man arrested in city centre to appear at court