Volunteers needed for community litter pick along cycle route and footpath in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Volunteers can help clean up a community footpath and cycle path.
The litter pick on Lakenham Way in Norwich has been organised by Lakenham and Town Close Green Spaces group.
It is taking place on Friday, June 8 from 10am-noon.
Participants should meet outside Lakenham Neighbourhood Office on 2 Mansfield Lane (NR1 2JT).
Litter grabbers and gloves will be provided and volunteers should wear sturdy footwear.
Lakenham and Town Close Green Spaces group takes on gardening projects to improve areas in Lakenham and Town Close, in Norwich.
Previous clean-up sessions have involved weeding at Beaumont Place and green areas of Jenny Lind Park.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 6 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 9 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 10 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
It also holds a weekly Tuckswood Food Growing Project on the green at the Tuckswood Centre.
For more information about the community group email LTCGreenSpaces@hotmail.co.uk