Volunteers needed for community litter pick along cycle route and footpath in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Volunteers can help clean up a community footpath and cycle path.
The litter pick on Lakenham Way in Norwich has been organised by Lakenham and Town Close Green Spaces group.
It is taking place on Friday, June 8 from 10am-noon.
Participants should meet outside Lakenham Neighbourhood Office on 2 Mansfield Lane (NR1 2JT).
Litter grabbers and gloves will be provided and volunteers should wear sturdy footwear.
You may also want to watch:
Lakenham and Town Close Green Spaces group takes on gardening projects to improve areas in Lakenham and Town Close, in Norwich.
Previous clean-up sessions have involved weeding at Beaumont Place and green areas of Jenny Lind Park.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
It also holds a weekly Tuckswood Food Growing Project on the green at the Tuckswood Centre.
For more information about the community group email LTCGreenSpaces@hotmail.co.uk