Volunteer hopes skydive can help to keep vintage Vulcan flying high
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer from Costessey dedicated to his chosen charity organised a sponsored skydive in order to raise funds for its educational programme.
Lee Gosling, a 35-year-old sales representative, organised the event to raise funds for the Vulcan to the Sky Trust, seeks to fund and raise awareness for the protection of the Vulcan XH558 The Spirit of Great Britain, a historic aircraft.
People from around the country bravely taking their own flight out of a plane yesterday in aid of the charity, which strives to continue to keep a significant part of history alive.
Lee joined the Vulcan to the Sky Trust in 2007, four months before the Vulcan's first flight following her restoration.
Ever since then, he has been actively involved in the charity, becoming a regional fundraiser for East Anglia in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
He regularly organises events which help the charity, and has already been involved in 25 events this year alone.
He said: 'When I was younger I was into aircraft and attending numerous air shows and I had lots of interest in aviation.'
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 3 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 4 Prince of Wales Road will bounce back, nightlife stalwarts predict
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 9 Are you lost? Seal splashes its way to Norwich
- 10 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
'Vulcan to the Sky Trust is looking to inspire and educate children for engineering, maths and science – those kinds of lessons taught in schools.
'I advertised the skydive on Facebook and was surprised at the response we had. Seventeen people from all over the country are doing it.
'We are hoping to raise £5,580 – so far we have raised just over £3,200.'
From Kent to Derbyshire, dedicated Vulcan fanatics were aiming to travel to Cambridgeshire to assist the charity and for their own adrenaline rush.
To donate to Vulcan to the Sky Trust's charity skydive visit justgiving.com/vulcanxh558skydive.
Are you planning a charity event for a cause close to your heart? Email email@example.com