Vintage glamour tipped to hit the Norwich catwalk
Vintage glamour is tipped to be a big trend at the Norwich Lanes Fashion Show during Norwich Fashion Week. Emma Harrowing gets a sneak peak of some of the outfits that will be on show.
Fashion boutiques and hair stylists in Norwich Lanes are buzzing with creativity as they complete their looks for the Norwich Fashion Week catwalk on September 23.
Word from the historical streets is that the show aims to impress the fashion world with a dizzying cocktail of high fashion from vintage, vintage-inspired, catwalk and mainstream looks from the kooky and cutting edge fashion boutiques and hair salons in Norwich Lanes.
Each boutique is being partnered with a hair salon to create on-trend looks that will shock, inspire and make you want to copy.
Lauren Gregory, owner of the Birdcage pub on Pottergate and part of the Norwich Lanes Association, says: 'Norwich Lanes has such a diverse selection of independent boutiques. This kind of shopping experience is essential for fashion in order for it to continue to generate new, individual styles and exciting trends. Having an initiative like Norwich Fashion Week gives us the opportunity to bring both shoppers and shopkeepers together to publicise just how special our area of Norwich is.'
You may also want to watch:
The Birdcage will also host a special after-show party for those lucky enough to get a ticket to the show. Plus you will get a free drink, goody bag and a special keepsake of the event.
The Norwich Lanes Fashion Show takes place on Friday, September 23 from 8pm at St Gregory's Church.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Tickets are on sale now and cost �10. Call the Birdcage on 01603 633534.
For all the news, views and information about Norwich Fashion Week visit www.eveningnews24. co.uk/nfw
See the Norwich Lanes fashion preview in pictures by clicking on the multimedia link at the top right of this page. Photographs By Matthew Joy. Stylist: Lauren Gregory. Hair: Kate Ottolangui from Th Egg. Make-up: Sherrie Sparkes. Models: Amy Woodman, Monica Wilkinson, Rich & Wink Evans.