Vintage glamour comes to Norwich Fashion Week
Diamonds were definitely a girl's best friend at the Norwich Fashion Week screening of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, as Vintage Norwich and Cinema City pulled out all the stops for a glamorous night out.
It was the night of Norwich Fashion Week where you could really go town and dress up in your finest attire. The Cinema City and Vintage Norwich special screening of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, certainly brought out the glamorous side to Norwich fashionistas.
Sipping on Kir Royale and listening to foot tapping vintage tunes, Vintage Norwich took over the bar with 50s memorabillia, make-up lessons with Historical Sauces and vintage hair styling in Flamingo Amy's pop-up salon.
All too soon it was time for the film, where each guest was greeted to their seat by a dapper young man in a sailor suit.
Vintage Norwich ran a Best Dressed Competition throughout the evening and the winner was Kate Collison with runners-up Sabelline Chicot and Nicky Downson. Kate won a year's free membership to Cinema City and a Vintage Norwich goody bag.
You may also want to watch:
See some of the best dressed people we saw at the event by clicking on the link at the top right of this page.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 10 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city