Villages get cash to improve their communities
Emma KnightsProjects in Brundall and Postwick are among those which have received a share of a �36,000 funding pot to help bring communities together.The public was given the power to decide who should receive some of the money at a Your Parish Your Decision event on Saturday at Dereham Memorial Hall.Emma Knights
Projects in Brundall and Postwick are among those which have received a share of a �36,000 funding pot to help bring communities together.
The public was given the power to decide who should receive some of the money at a Your Parish Your Decision event on Saturday at Dereham Memorial Hall.
Brundall Parish Council was awarded �1,000 for a cooker for the Scout headquarters, which are also used by Brundall Luncheon Club for the elderly.
Postwick with Witton Parish Council was given �899 for a village hall film projection system, and Horstead with Stanninghall Parish Council will receive �2,167 for tables, staging and seating for Horstead Tithe Barn.
The event was organised by the Norfolk Association of Local Councils, which was awarded the funding by Norfolk Ambition.
Among the other town and parish councils to be given funding were Langley with Hardley, North Walsham, Hopton-on-Sea, Wacton, Knapton, Garvestone, Reymerston and Thuxton.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 3 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 5 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 6 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 7 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 8 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 9 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 10 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich