Viking invaders set up camp in Hemsby
Hayley MaceA seaside village took a step back in time this weekend as Viking invaders set up their own village.Hemsby, near Great Yarmouth, hosted its first Viking festival to celebrate the area's historic links.Hayley Mace
A seaside village took a step back in time this weekend as Viking invaders set up their own village.
Hemsby, near Great Yarmouth, hosted its first Viking festival to celebrate the area's historic links.
Re-enactment group the Vikings of Middle England put on displays of all aspects of daily life, from making weapons and cooking to the gruesome treatments at a Viking surgery.
Hundreds of people turned out for the festival, which took place on Saturday and Sunday, despite the unseasonably cold weather.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 2 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 3 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 4 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 5 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus