Video to support children suffering bereavement
- Credit: Archant
A hard rock band has taken on a group of Norfolk children for their latest collaboration.
Norwich group Wicked Faith has produced a video for children's bereavement Nelson's Journey, and hopes to raise vital funds for the cause.
Band manager, Mike Colman, said: 'We spoke about the idea as a band and identified a song, Truth or Dare, which we believed had lyrics which would resonate with those who had experienced a bereavement.
'I was aware of Nelson's journey through my wife, who had told me about all the good work they do to support Nofolk's bereaved children and young people.
'One of the aims with creating the video was to raise awareness of the challenges faced by children and young people when they are bereaved but we also wanted to raise funds for Nelson's Journey.'
The charity relies on donations and helps children in Norfolk, who have experienced the death of a significant person in their life.
A group of children supported by the charity featured in the video.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 6 Fine dining restaurant unveils new kitchen worth £70k
- 7 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 8 City folk overjoyed by £1.5m food hall plan in empty restaurant
- 9 Concerns over three new homes plan after six others approved in village
- 10 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
Wicked Faith Lead singer Jade Murray said: 'This song is about trying to move on knowing that someone you love is no longer with you and how they can live on through you, whilst dealing with all of the unanswered questions and regrets.'
Filmed earlier this year, the music video involves some of the children supported by the charity.
So far it has has over 1,200 hits on Youtube, with viewers from as far afield as Australia.
As well as the music video and single release on iTunes, Wicked Faith are performing their final Norwich headline show of the year at The Waterfront.
Nelson's Journey Community Funding & Marketing Officer Sarah Hyde said: 'Wicked Faith have done a fantastic job with this single and really captured the essence of ongoing issues happening right here in Norfolk.
'It is because of people like Wicked Faith that awareness is spreading which enables Nelson's Journey to continue the vital work with bereaved children living in Norfolk.
'We would just like to thank Wicked Faith for all their hard work and determination on this project, we think they are amazing!'
Tickets for the band's charity gig at The Waterfront on November 13 are £7. All proceeds from ticket sales will go to Nelson's Journey.
Are you doing some unusual fundraising for a local charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org