Video: Search is on for next Ed Sheeran at Next Big Thing final in Norwich
Potential superstars of the future are about to take centre stage at the east of England's eighth annual search for the next big thing.
Brit Award winner Ed Sheeran – who performed at the 2012 Olympics closing ceremony – is among the previous Next Big Thing winners, along with Norwich-based group The Kabeedies, who have since played at Glastonbury and had their music featured in a worldwide advertising campaign.
This year's Next Big Thing Final 2012, which is run by Norwich-based Future Radio in association with Outline Magazine and Open, will be held on Saturday, November 10 at Open in Bank Plain, Norwich.
The finalists are Raevennan Husbandes, Burn The Headlines, Darwin & The Dinosaur, Freya Roy, Kings & Crows and The Thinking Men.
Future Radio station manager Terry Lee said: 'The quality over the two semi-finals was excellent. This year's winner could potentially go on to achieve success like that of Ed Sheeran.'
You may also want to watch:
For the first time, the climax of the competition will be on a Saturday night, and live music manager at Open Rick Lennox said the date had changed owing to popular demand.
He added: 'The plan was originally to have the final on the Sunday night, as in previous years, but when the opportunity came up to change it to the Saturday night the bands and local music fans all agreed – Saturday night is best.'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
Tickets are available from Open and the UEA box office on 01603 508050 or www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk