VIDEO: Norwich mum shows you how to make an Olympic runner puppet
Welcome to our new monthly craft video for kids. This month, HOLLY JAMES, from Doodles in Costessey, shows you how to make a running athlete puppet for the Olympic games.
Mum of two Holly James knows a thing or two when it comes to coming up with ideas for things for children to do and make. She recently set up arts and crafts haven Doodles at the Costessey Centre in Longwater Lane for kids and their parents to get messy, have fun, learn to be creative and basically get down with art.
Now Holly will be giving you ideas on how to get crafty with your kids in a monthly arts and crafts article in your Evening News.
Each month Holly will show you how to make different items in a bid to bring our your family's creative side.
'Everyone should have the opportunity to be creative,' says Holly. 'Doodles is a place where parent and child can play together and take part in many different art projects from creating murals and painting, to playing with water, glitter and sand.
You may also want to watch:
'Now I'm going to show you how to be creative at home so that you can get creative together.
This month, Holly has been inspired by the Olympic games which begin at the end of this month. Holly says: 'I have designed and made some running athlete puppet which my children think are good fun – so they're a hit with the little ones anyway!'
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 9 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house