Video: Norwich dancer in national final
A Sprowston student is hoping to dance her way into the next big UK street dance crew.
Munirat Plummer has reached the finals of a national competition after travelling to Sheffield to take part in the Schwarzkopf LIVE XXL and got2b auditions street dance open auditions.
The competition organisers are hoping to put together a crew of the nation's best street dancers.
Munirat, of Blithewood Gardens, Sprowston, will compete against the best dancers from each regional heat in the final at London's KOKO club in April where she will be judged by Britain's Got Talent dance star Tobias Mead.
The 17-year-old recently travelled to the Meadow Hall Shopping Centre in Sheffield where she had one minute to impress judges with her popping, waving and break dancing.
You may also want to watch:
'The judges are the best of the best which is what made me nervous. I normally do freestyle dancing', she said.
'I was really surprised to get through. I went to get some lunch and when I came back they had called my name. I was really shocked.'
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Two men charged with aggravated burglary at used car lot
The Langley Sixth Form student started ballet when she was seven before moving into modern and contemporary dance at the Miller Dance Studio on Ropemakers Row near Drayton.
She has now moved into R and B and is mainly self-taught doing most of her practice in her bedroom. She occasionally books studio space at The Garage in Norwich. photo: james bass