Video: Norwich band Enigma wows in national contest
- Credit: Submitted: Chris Wright
A Norwich band is celebrating after triumphing in a national battle of the bands contest.
Enigma – James Vivian (bass), Ryan Aldred (lead vocals/guitars), Jack Wright (rhythm guitar) and Jordan Groves (drums) – made it to the final of the Majick Music Group's Battle of the Bands UK final after progressing through the regional heats.
The band took 50 of their fans, family and friends to London for the sold-out show at The Barfly in Camden.
The group, regular performers at The Waterfront, were up against five other bands, the winners from various regions across the UK.
And the band won the crowd vote, with music industry professionals watching on.
Mr Vivian said: 'We had such an incredible time in Camden... and cannot wait to come back and play again. It was a truly unbelievable experience for us, we have worked so hard and regardless of the result decided to give it 100pc and show everyone watching who we where.
'We just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who watched and voted for us.'
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 6 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 7 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 8 Man, 67, arrested on suspicion of arson after city flat fire
- 9 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 10 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
The band has recently released a new single called Diary of the Hopeful which you can listen to by logging on to http://rvrb.fm/1lyjPGU