Video: Norwich band Enigma wows in national contest
- Credit: Submitted: Chris Wright
A Norwich band is celebrating after triumphing in a national battle of the bands contest.
Enigma – James Vivian (bass), Ryan Aldred (lead vocals/guitars), Jack Wright (rhythm guitar) and Jordan Groves (drums) – made it to the final of the Majick Music Group's Battle of the Bands UK final after progressing through the regional heats.
The band took 50 of their fans, family and friends to London for the sold-out show at The Barfly in Camden.
The group, regular performers at The Waterfront, were up against five other bands, the winners from various regions across the UK.
And the band won the crowd vote, with music industry professionals watching on.
Mr Vivian said: 'We had such an incredible time in Camden... and cannot wait to come back and play again. It was a truly unbelievable experience for us, we have worked so hard and regardless of the result decided to give it 100pc and show everyone watching who we where.
'We just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who watched and voted for us.'
- 1 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 5 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 6 Struggles to move out of Norfolk continue after school attack
- 7 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 8 Community on high alert after cars targeted in city suburbs
- 9 Traffic and infrastructure fears as major housing project starts
- 10 Man sentenced for two robberies in two days
The band has recently released a new single called Diary of the Hopeful which you can listen to by logging on to http://rvrb.fm/1lyjPGU