Video: Call for Norwich climbers to take up bouldering challenge
Climbers are being put to the test in a new kind of competition for the city.
Highball Climbing Centre, off Fifers Lane, in Norwich, will be hosting round two of its Winter Bouldering League tonight.
The event, which starts at 6pm, challenges climbers to complete as many of the 20 problems as possible in four hours.
To enter, participants buy a scorecard from reception for £2 - all money goes into the prize fund - and then spend the evening trying to complete as many problems as they can.
Round one took place on December 23 and saw 29 people - 26 men, two women and one junior – compete.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Surtees, climbing director at Highball, said: 'It was a great first event and lots of people have commented on how laid back and relaxed the atmosphere was.'
At the end of the evening, the points are added up and cash prizes are handed out to the top males, females and juniors, as well as a few other special prizes across the board.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
The points from each round will be added to a league and the last round, the grand final, will see additional prizes for the most improved climbers, plus overall winners.
Round three will be on February 22 and round four will be on March 29.
The compeitition is open to all climbers but all entrants have to be a registered climber at Highball. Competent climbers who have not yet registered can register when they enter.
For more information, go to www.facebook.com/HighballNorwich.