Video: Call for Norwich climbers to take up bouldering challenge
Climbers are being put to the test in a new kind of competition for the city.
Highball Climbing Centre, off Fifers Lane, in Norwich, will be hosting round two of its Winter Bouldering League tonight.
The event, which starts at 6pm, challenges climbers to complete as many of the 20 problems as possible in four hours.
To enter, participants buy a scorecard from reception for £2 - all money goes into the prize fund - and then spend the evening trying to complete as many problems as they can.
Round one took place on December 23 and saw 29 people - 26 men, two women and one junior – compete.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Surtees, climbing director at Highball, said: 'It was a great first event and lots of people have commented on how laid back and relaxed the atmosphere was.'
At the end of the evening, the points are added up and cash prizes are handed out to the top males, females and juniors, as well as a few other special prizes across the board.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
The points from each round will be added to a league and the last round, the grand final, will see additional prizes for the most improved climbers, plus overall winners.
Round three will be on February 22 and round four will be on March 29.
The compeitition is open to all climbers but all entrants have to be a registered climber at Highball. Competent climbers who have not yet registered can register when they enter.
For more information, go to www.facebook.com/HighballNorwich.