VIDEO: Blake the first world war tortoise brought to Blakeney
Here we feature an exclusive video of Blake, the first world war tortoise from Gallipoli, who is spoilt for offers in his search for a permanent home.
Blake, the 100-year-old tortoise travelled from Turkey to Blakeney in a first world war soldier's backpack, as reported in the Evening News last week.
His story has swept the globe, from India, to Ireland, have calls been made for Blake to be returned to his home country of Turkey, despite living in a garden in north Norfolk since 1916.
Our exclusive video of the spur-thighed tortoise at his foster home in South Lopham, shows him enjoying the grass in his carer's, Dillon Pret's, garden.
You may also want to watch:
Don't forget to buy tomorrow's Evening News to read the latest on Blake's bid to find a new home.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich