VIDEO: Blake the first world war tortoise brought to Blakeney
Here we feature an exclusive video of Blake, the first world war tortoise from Gallipoli, who is spoilt for offers in his search for a permanent home.
Blake, the 100-year-old tortoise travelled from Turkey to Blakeney in a first world war soldier's backpack, as reported in the Evening News last week.
His story has swept the globe, from India, to Ireland, have calls been made for Blake to be returned to his home country of Turkey, despite living in a garden in north Norfolk since 1916.
Our exclusive video of the spur-thighed tortoise at his foster home in South Lopham, shows him enjoying the grass in his carer's, Dillon Pret's, garden.
You may also want to watch:
Don't forget to buy tomorrow's Evening News to read the latest on Blake's bid to find a new home.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 9 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 10 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'