VIDEO: Animation launched to showcase Norfolk's Tour of Britain stage
Mary HamiltonAn animated film showcasing Norfolk's scenic countryside has been created to promote the county's stage of the Tour of Britain.Mary Hamilton
An animated film showcasing Norfolk's scenic countryside has been created to promote the county's stage of the Tour of Britain.
World-class cyclists from 10 countries will be racing through Norfolk in the sixth stage of the elite race, which could boost the county's economy by �1.5m in tourism revenue.
Norfolk County Council hope the animated film showing iconic landmarks along the 117-mile route of the race will prove an innovative and unique way to build excitement about the event.
About 70,000 people are expected to turn out along the route of the Norfolk stage, and the county council along with borough and district councils is encouraging local groups to get involved by hosting events, decorating the route and greeting the cyclists on their way.
You may also want to watch:
The animated film is produced by Studio Steam, a company based at the council-run Epic studios on Magdalen Street.
For more information about the Tour of Britain and the film, see tomorrow's Evening News.
- 1 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 9 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash