VIDEO: Animation launched to showcase Norfolk's Tour of Britain stage
Mary HamiltonAn animated film showcasing Norfolk's scenic countryside has been created to promote the county's stage of the Tour of Britain.Mary Hamilton
An animated film showcasing Norfolk's scenic countryside has been created to promote the county's stage of the Tour of Britain.
World-class cyclists from 10 countries will be racing through Norfolk in the sixth stage of the elite race, which could boost the county's economy by �1.5m in tourism revenue.
Norfolk County Council hope the animated film showing iconic landmarks along the 117-mile route of the race will prove an innovative and unique way to build excitement about the event.
About 70,000 people are expected to turn out along the route of the Norfolk stage, and the county council along with borough and district councils is encouraging local groups to get involved by hosting events, decorating the route and greeting the cyclists on their way.
The animated film is produced by Studio Steam, a company based at the council-run Epic studios on Magdalen Street.
For more information about the Tour of Britain and the film, see tomorrow's Evening News.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 4 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 5 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 8 Norfolk cheese restaurant is launching bottomless brunch this summer
- 9 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 10 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city