VIDEO: Animation launched to showcase Norfolk's Tour of Britain stage
Mary HamiltonAn animated film showcasing Norfolk's scenic countryside has been created to promote the county's stage of the Tour of Britain.Mary Hamilton
An animated film showcasing Norfolk's scenic countryside has been created to promote the county's stage of the Tour of Britain.
World-class cyclists from 10 countries will be racing through Norfolk in the sixth stage of the elite race, which could boost the county's economy by �1.5m in tourism revenue.
Norfolk County Council hope the animated film showing iconic landmarks along the 117-mile route of the race will prove an innovative and unique way to build excitement about the event.
About 70,000 people are expected to turn out along the route of the Norfolk stage, and the county council along with borough and district councils is encouraging local groups to get involved by hosting events, decorating the route and greeting the cyclists on their way.
You may also want to watch:
The animated film is produced by Studio Steam, a company based at the council-run Epic studios on Magdalen Street.
For more information about the Tour of Britain and the film, see tomorrow's Evening News.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 6 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans