‘Relaxed and friendly’ veterans’ drop-in centre reopens in city centre
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk veterans' group has reopened a drop-in centre in Norwich city centre.
Veterans Norfolk opened the Revelation Resource Centre and Café, at St Michael at Plea Church, Redwell Street, on Wednesday, October 3.
The service will provide veterans, service personnel and their families with a safe place to go for help, from a friendly chat to support and advice with serious problems from outside agencies.
The previous facility, the Britannia Veterans' Centre has ceased operating as the Ministry of Justice plans to dispose of the building. The facility will be manned by volunteers from 10am until 2pm every weekday.
The president of Veterans Norfolk, General the Lord Dannatt said: 'Moving the facility represents a new start in a central location.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope the armed forces community, serving and retired, will be attracted to the café by the relaxed and friendly environment, and we encourage use by all ages.'
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 6 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 9 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR