‘Relaxed and friendly’ veterans’ drop-in centre reopens in city centre
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk veterans' group has reopened a drop-in centre in Norwich city centre.
Veterans Norfolk opened the Revelation Resource Centre and Café, at St Michael at Plea Church, Redwell Street, on Wednesday, October 3.
The service will provide veterans, service personnel and their families with a safe place to go for help, from a friendly chat to support and advice with serious problems from outside agencies.
The previous facility, the Britannia Veterans' Centre has ceased operating as the Ministry of Justice plans to dispose of the building. The facility will be manned by volunteers from 10am until 2pm every weekday.
The president of Veterans Norfolk, General the Lord Dannatt said: 'Moving the facility represents a new start in a central location.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope the armed forces community, serving and retired, will be attracted to the café by the relaxed and friendly environment, and we encourage use by all ages.'
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus