Take a look inside Veeno - Norwich’s new Italian wine café
- Credit: Archant
Raise your glasses as a wine cafe is opening its doors in the city.
Veeno opens in Timberhill Terrace in Castle Mall this Thursday, September 27 and is part of the centre's £3 million development.
The cafe specialises in the Italian dining style of Aperitivo which is an after-work culture of drinking and eating appetisers such as cold meats and cheese.
The business was launched in 2013 by friends Nino Caruso and Andrea Zecchino and has 18 branches across the UK including Manchester, London and Cardiff.
READ MORE: This is when and where Oliver Bonas will open in Norwich The wines are sourced from Caruso's family vineyard in Sicily which was established by his great-grandfather.
The cafe also offers wine tasting experiences with five glasses served alongside Spuntini which are boards of appetisers sourced from Italian producers.
You may also want to watch:
Other items on the menu includes paninis, salads, cocktails and a prosecco afternoon tea.
Mr Zecchino said: 'We're delighted to be bringing the Veeno experience to Norwich.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 9 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
'Veeno is all about bringing people together to relax and to share some delicious nibbles and quality wines.
'It's similar in concept to sharing tapas and drinks in a leisurely setting – At Veeno we live La Dolce Vita and we want our guests to have that same experience.
'We felt that there was a real gap in the market in Norwich for an outlet such as ours which provides a genuinely authentic Italian experience, as well as a superb lunchtime menu and excellent venue for weekend drinking and dining.
'We're all very excited to make our mark in Castle Mall, right in the heart of this fantastic city and we feel that Veeno will fit in seamlessly to its surroundings.'
READ MORE: What are the new restaurants coming to Castle Mall this autumn? Veeno will join Cocina Mexican restaurant in Timberhill Terrace with Babel and Bourgee both set to open later this year.