Vanilla fashion show at Norwich Fashion Week
Vanilla, The Gallery Haircutters and Love Moi Make Up team up to create an inspiring show at Norwich Fashion Week.
Last night it was Vanilla's turn to shine as they showcased their new autumn/winter collections on the catwalk. Anita Vadhir, owner of Vanilla, opened the show at Vanilla's Sprowston Road store by declaring that this autumn was all about colour, before Norwich Fashion Week models worked the runway in a multitude of irresistible outfits.
Styled by Vanilla's personal stylist Louise Lace, the impressive show was so full of inspiring and wearable looks that the crowd literally ran to the rails the second it finished to pick their out favourite items.
Big trends that featured included waists nipped in with a variety of wide and skinny belts, layers of floaty chiffon with fine and chunky knits over skinny jeans (rolled up to the ankle in the style of Audrey Hepburn), and lots of prints, patterns and detail. Shoes were either sky-high stilettos or a lower wedge ankle boot, and accessories consisted of huge statement earrings and luxe it-bags. For those needing a winter coat, a long puffa jacket and tan trench coat looked fresh and on-trend in the show.
The hair provided another great inspiration with glamorous 70's curls and sleek large buns seen at the launch show and created by a talented team led by Tracey Ward from The Gallery Haircutters. The make-up by Emily and Catherine from Love Moi Makeup followed the 70's beauty theme using browns, rusts and golds on the eyes paired with peachy cheeks and nude lips.
You may also want to watch:
Vanilla is hosting the second run of its fashion show tonight at its Ipswich Road store from 7.30pm.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
Vanilla is hosting a coffee morning tomorrow (Friday 30th) in aid of Macmillan Cancer Care so pop along to blend fashion and coffee for a good cause.