Severe disruption after van catches fire at St Stephens roundabout
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A van has caught fire at the St Stephens roundabout in Norwich.
Two fire engines have now left the scene, where a Renault van was on fire, after being called at 12pm.
The St Stephens roundabout was closed as well as the Newmarket Road roundabout which was shut in order to manage traffic.
Both roundabouts have since reopened.
Police were also on the scene and confirmed there had been no injuries.
A spokeperson said: "Police were called at 12pm today to a vehicle fire on the St Stephens roundabout where a van was on fire.
"No one was in the vehicle which is still on the road creating a lot of black smoke."
- 1 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 2 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 3 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 4 Norwich family heart-broken to find charity plants stolen
- 5 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 6 Three-vehicle crash closes part of A47 near Norwich
- 7 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 8 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 9 Moped racket keeps 'exhausted' homeowners up at night
- 10 Revealed: All the city road closures for Run Norwich
"Please bear with us."