Severe disruption after van catches fire at St Stephens roundabout
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A van has caught fire at the St Stephens roundabout in Norwich.
Two fire engines have now left the scene, where a Renault van was on fire, after being called at 12pm.
The St Stephens roundabout was closed as well as the Newmarket Road roundabout which was shut in order to manage traffic.
Both roundabouts have since reopened.
Police were also on the scene and confirmed there had been no injuries.
A spokeperson said: "Police were called at 12pm today to a vehicle fire on the St Stephens roundabout where a van was on fire.
"No one was in the vehicle which is still on the road creating a lot of black smoke."
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 3 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 4 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 5 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 8 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 9 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 10 'If you have a passion, run with it': Nursery boss opens third site
"Please bear with us."