V Festival line-up unveiled
Simon ParkinKings of Leon and Kasabian have been named as headliners of the hugely popular V Festival, which is this year celebrating its 15th anniversary when its held at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, on August 21/22.Simon Parkin
Kings of Leon and Kasabian have been named as headliners of the hugely popular V Festival, which is this year celebrating its 15th anniversary.
The region's biggest festival, to be held at Hylands Park, Chelmsford, on August 21/22, will be crammed with some of the hottest names in music. Joining the headliners over the weekend will be Stereophonics, Faithless, The Prodigy, David Guetta, The Kooks, Paul Weller, Paolo Nutini and Florence And The Machine.
Headliners Kasabian said: 'We can't wait. We feel it's the right time for us to headline a festival. We've been playing so many festivals for so long, years and years. I think the moment is right. It's just a wonderful thing to be doing. Our fans are going to love the show. They'll really enjoy it.'
Simon Moran, festival director, said: 'We're proud to announce two fantastic headliners for this year's V Festival.
'We're also really pleased with the strength of the four music stage with headliners The Prodigy and David Guetta, supported by Florence And the Machine. We expect excitement levels will reach new heights in The Arena which will be jam packed with Pet Shop Boys and Cheryl Cole closing each night.'
The V Festival was first held in 1995 and was the first UK festival to operate over two days and swap line-ups overnight. Since 1996, some of the world's greatest performers have graced the stages including Radiohead, Morrissey, The Strokes, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blur, Fatboy Slim, Kylie and the Killers.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 4 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 5 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 6 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 7 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 8 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 9 Holidaymakers' fury after two-day flight delay
- 10 Homeless man arrested in city centre to appear at court
Other big names also confirmed to appear this year include: Madness, Editors, White Lies, Mika, Groove Armada, The Courteeners, The Charlatans, Temper Trap, Amy McDonald, Goldfrapp, Shed Seven, Newton Faulkner, La Roux, Skunk Anansie, Passion Pit, Ellie Goulding, Kate Nash, Paloma Faith, Plan B, Sugababes and Pixie Lott.
t Tickets go on sale nationally at 9am on March 5 and festival organisers are advising fans to purchase them quickly to avoid disappointment, but only from official outlets listed on: www.vfestival.com