Update: two arrests after gun found at house in Eaton, Norwich
Two people have been arrested after armed police were called to a house in Norwich yesterday.
Officers, including an armed response team, attended the detached house on Greenways, Eaton at about 3.30pm.
Following a thorough search of the house, close to the junction of Bradeham Way, a shotgun was recovered.
Two people, a 42-year-old man and a 37-year-old woman, were arrested on suspicion of illegally possessing a firearm without a certificate.
A further search, supported by Norfolk Constabulary's dog unit, found no other firearms contained in the property.
You may also want to watch:
The two people were taken to Bethel Street Police Station for questioning and have been released on bail until March 15 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 3 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 4 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Hot property Maddison adds up for City
- 8 'Happy, carefree' memories of Samson and Hercules flood in
- 9 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 10 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers