Update: two arrests after gun found at house in Eaton, Norwich
Two people have been arrested after armed police were called to a house in Norwich yesterday.
Officers, including an armed response team, attended the detached house on Greenways, Eaton at about 3.30pm.
Following a thorough search of the house, close to the junction of Bradeham Way, a shotgun was recovered.
Two people, a 42-year-old man and a 37-year-old woman, were arrested on suspicion of illegally possessing a firearm without a certificate.
A further search, supported by Norfolk Constabulary's dog unit, found no other firearms contained in the property.
You may also want to watch:
The two people were taken to Bethel Street Police Station for questioning and have been released on bail until March 15 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 2 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 3 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
- 6 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 9 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
- 10 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children