UPDATE: People queuing already to meet Alan Partridge ahead of his visit to Norwich today
Alan Partridge fans were so eager to meet their TV hero in Norwich tonight that they began queuing at lunchtime.
Steve Coogan will be appearing in character as Alan Partridge at Waterstones in Castle Street from 6pm where he will be signing copies of his autobiography, I, Partridge.
At the head of the queue which was forming outside the city book store - five hours before the comic icon was due to arrive - were Rob, Matthew and Samantha.
Mr Partridge used his twitter account to list his demands for when he arrives in the city such as: 'Reserve right to use signature stamper or stand-in if hand gets over-tired, my table is to be positioned in Classics. Not TV, not Autobiography, not Bestsellers – Classics and the chair is to be generously cushioned with proper lumbar support.'
He also requested a hot meal after the event.
You may also want to watch:
The Evening News will try to get an interview with the comedy icon on his return to Norwich and wants to put some of your questions to him.
Have you got a question for Alan Partridge? If so email firstname.lastname@example.org before 3.30pm.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 6 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 7 Tenants living in freezing, dark flats after power went out FIVE days ago
- 8 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
If you are going to the book signing event let us know what you are up to - and if you get a chat with the great man - on Twitter by following #partridgeinnorwich