Norwich beer festival kicks off boasting 120 different cask beers
- Credit: Archant
CATFEST will see four pubs across the city collaborating to host over 120 different beers.
From today until Sunday, Fat Cat Pubs are teaming up to give Norwich a taste of 'the Fat Cat Experience'.
The four pubs, Fat Cat, The Fat Cat & Canary, Fat Cat Brewery Tap, and Fat Cat Percy will showcase some of the best cask beers from across the UK in different styles and strengths. The festival also promises street food pop ups and live music.
Laura White, director at Fat Cat Brewery Tap, said: 'The event is unique and hasn't been done in Norwich before. 120 different beers from all over the UK is a phenomenal amount of beer to have on at any one time.
'In the programme, we have listed the beer alphabetically and it's up to the customer to find out which pub the beer is in.
You may also want to watch:
'In our 120-strong beer list you will find beers you've never tasted before. Very rare beers, like Old Chimneys Brewery Good King Henry which is one of the highest rated beers in the county, and the award winning Adnams Ghostship that has been racked and cask fermented in the last surviving oak barrel Adnams has left – which has never been done before.'
There is organised travel between the pubs via the Fat Cat Fun Bus from 4pm today and through the week.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults