Norwich beer festival kicks off boasting 120 different cask beers
- Credit: Archant
CATFEST will see four pubs across the city collaborating to host over 120 different beers.
From today until Sunday, Fat Cat Pubs are teaming up to give Norwich a taste of 'the Fat Cat Experience'.
The four pubs, Fat Cat, The Fat Cat & Canary, Fat Cat Brewery Tap, and Fat Cat Percy will showcase some of the best cask beers from across the UK in different styles and strengths. The festival also promises street food pop ups and live music.
Laura White, director at Fat Cat Brewery Tap, said: 'The event is unique and hasn't been done in Norwich before. 120 different beers from all over the UK is a phenomenal amount of beer to have on at any one time.
'In the programme, we have listed the beer alphabetically and it's up to the customer to find out which pub the beer is in.
You may also want to watch:
'In our 120-strong beer list you will find beers you've never tasted before. Very rare beers, like Old Chimneys Brewery Good King Henry which is one of the highest rated beers in the county, and the award winning Adnams Ghostship that has been racked and cask fermented in the last surviving oak barrel Adnams has left – which has never been done before.'
There is organised travel between the pubs via the Fat Cat Fun Bus from 4pm today and through the week.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?