UEA stages climate change talk
Tracey GrayA free talk looking at the threat of climate will be taking place next week. The lecture, focusing on the effects of climate change on the central Indian Ocean, takes place at the University of East Anglia on Monday from 5pm.Tracey Gray
A free talk looking at the effects of climate change on the central Indian Ocean takes place at the University of East Anglia today, 5pm.
It will be led by Dr Phil Williamson, a visiting fellow in the School of Environmental Sciences and a science coordinator for the Natural Environment Research Council, promoting national linkages for strategic marine research.
The lecture will cover a range of environmental science areas, bringing together marine conservation, climate change impacts and policy responses.
The event has been sponsored by the Challenger Society for Marine Science.
You may also want to watch:
The free lecture is followed by a wine reception in the Seminar and Exhibition Room on the second floor of the Environmental Science department's Zicer Building.
To find out more, or if you would like to attend, please email event organiser Thomas Bell at Thomas.Bell@uea.ac.uk
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 5 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 6 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines