UEA stages climate change talk
Tracey GrayA free talk looking at the threat of climate will be taking place next week. The lecture, focusing on the effects of climate change on the central Indian Ocean, takes place at the University of East Anglia on Monday from 5pm.Tracey Gray
A free talk looking at the effects of climate change on the central Indian Ocean takes place at the University of East Anglia today, 5pm.
It will be led by Dr Phil Williamson, a visiting fellow in the School of Environmental Sciences and a science coordinator for the Natural Environment Research Council, promoting national linkages for strategic marine research.
The lecture will cover a range of environmental science areas, bringing together marine conservation, climate change impacts and policy responses.
The event has been sponsored by the Challenger Society for Marine Science.
You may also want to watch:
The free lecture is followed by a wine reception in the Seminar and Exhibition Room on the second floor of the Environmental Science department's Zicer Building.
To find out more, or if you would like to attend, please email event organiser Thomas Bell at Thomas.Bell@uea.ac.uk
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 4 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 5 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 8 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale