UEA stages climate change talk
Tracey GrayA free talk looking at the threat of climate will be taking place next week. The lecture, focusing on the effects of climate change on the central Indian Ocean, takes place at the University of East Anglia on Monday from 5pm.Tracey Gray
A free talk looking at the effects of climate change on the central Indian Ocean takes place at the University of East Anglia today, 5pm.
It will be led by Dr Phil Williamson, a visiting fellow in the School of Environmental Sciences and a science coordinator for the Natural Environment Research Council, promoting national linkages for strategic marine research.
The lecture will cover a range of environmental science areas, bringing together marine conservation, climate change impacts and policy responses.
The event has been sponsored by the Challenger Society for Marine Science.
You may also want to watch:
The free lecture is followed by a wine reception in the Seminar and Exhibition Room on the second floor of the Environmental Science department's Zicer Building.
To find out more, or if you would like to attend, please email event organiser Thomas Bell at Thomas.Bell@uea.ac.uk
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 9 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 10 Police investigating ABH after fight off Prince of Wales Road